St Mark’s Church of England Academy
A community founded on trust, hope and love;
Marked by respectful relationships
Marked by high expectations
Marked by a spirit of service
St. Mark’s is a Church of England academy that takes inspiration and guidance from the Gospel of St. Mark.
Our TRUST encourages us to rely on God, and one other, as we all take responsibility for ourselves and for the whole school community
At St. Mark’s we:
- Treat each other with equality - fairness
- Tell the truth - honesty
- Think before we act - self control
Our HOPE means that we expect the best of ourselves and others; it enables perseverance in the face of setbacks and encourages the fresh starts that come from forgiving ourselves and others.
At St Mark’s we:
- Forgive ourselves and others - forgiveness
- Persevere to overcome challenges - perseverance
- Listen to the views of others - openness
Our LOVE values each person and the gifts they bring; it encourages all to participate in building a school community in which all can flourish.
At St. Mark’s we:
- Help one another - service
- Care for each other - kindness
- Respect everyone - respect
In the Classroom
St. Mark’s is a learning community based on the core values of Love, Trust and Hope. We spend most of our time learning together in lessons under the leadership of adults.
Our Golden Rule is “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” and;
In St Mark’s we:
- Do what we are asked to do – without arguing
- Listen to others - and give people a chance to speak
- Are respectful, courteous and polite – all the time
- Respect personal space – we keep our hands and feet to ourselves
- Work hard – and challenge ourselves
- Are truthful and honest – we admit our mistakes
- Are nice to each other – we avoid hurtful behaviour
- Forgive others – we all need a second chance